Consumers are becoming increasingly conscious of sustainability issues and a significant number are making the switch to natural and sustainable beauty products, so it is important for companies to adapt their practices to stay ahead of the market. Sustainability & Naturals in Cosmetics, labelled as “The place to meet all stakeholders in the cosmetics industry” by Global Commercial Project Leader at Clariant, is the ideal place to get up-to-speed with these industry practices, whilst building those all-important business relationships. The conference attracts key players from across the industry, from raw material suppliers and distributors, cosmetic manufacturers, brands and retailers through to associations and labelling regulators all working towards sustainability in cosmetics and bio-based ingredient developments.
Day one of the event will kick off with a session on Market Trends and Consumer Drivers, featuring a keynote address from Nick Vaus, Partner and Creative Director of Free the Bird, followed by a series of presentations surrounding future trends. The programme will then move on to look at Raw Materials: New Solutions and Ingredients, with speakers from Lubrizol Life Science, Vytrus Biotech, L’Oreal Research and Innovations and Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil. Speakers from the Beauty Kitchen, Henkel Beauty Care, Metsa Board and Seismografics will discuss Packaging: Innovations and Sustainability. Day one will be rounded off with a session on Sustainability in Fragrances with Jan Kusmirek from Genera Consultancy, Elemis and Fragrant Earth International, as well as Rolando Stefanos Zabban from Sana Jardin.
Another keynote speech will start off the proceedings on day two with Ewa Kania, Senior Research Analyst form Euromonitor opening the Circular Economy and Sustainability across Supply Chains session. This session will also feature speakers from Barbara Brockway Consulting, Alban Muller – L’Expert du Naturel, Dr. Barbor GmbH & Co. KG, Upcircle and The Body Shop. The conference will then close with the final session looking at Standards and Certifications, featuring speakers from INOLUX, Neil Watson Consultancy, COSMOS, and WALA Heilmittel GmbH (Dr. Hauschka Cosmetics).
• Turning the tide: The rise of blue beauty and the transparency pursuit, Emma Thornton, Founder and Owner, True Skincare
• Transforming your business towards a sustainable future, Philippe Blank, Head of Innovation and Sustainability, Henkel Beauty Care
• Sustainability and experience trends driving future packaging of cosmetics, Chris Baudry, Sales Director, Brand Owners HEC & BUC, Metsä Board, Finland
• Molecular based security: How DNA technology combined with digital-blockchain is delivering real supply chain transparency, Dr. Barbara Brockway, CEO, Barbara Brockway Consulting
• Fruit stones and coffee grounds: beauty from upcycled ingredients, Anna Brightman, Founder, Upcircle
Alongside the wealth of content focused on sustainable practices, regulations and consumer trends, Sustainability & Naturals in Cosmetics will offer delegates the opportunity to network with thought-leaders and key players from across the supply chain in a number of dedicated networking breaks including an evening drinks reception.